A collection of best live chat WordPress plugins that you can use to make it easier for your users to get in touch with you.
Did you know that nearly 67% of your own visitors don’t make a purchase because of some lingering doubts that they have in their mind?
Now, you might include a pretty comprehensive FAQ section or write a really detailed copy, but there is always the possibility that you leave behind certain unanswered questions which might be potential deal-breakers for some customers.
This entire guesswork can be solved if you just have a dedicated Live Chat functionality in your site.
For WordPress users, it can be easily integrated by simply installing a Live Chat plugin. The process takes hardly over a couple of minutes but adds a complete live chat functionality to your website.
You will be able to chat with customers on your websites in real-time, address all their issues, and improve your conversion rates.
All in all, if you own an online business, or if you are an online service provider, then having a live chat functionality is a must if you want to provide great customer service.
Now, with all that being said, which Live Chat WordPress plugin should you get for your website? There are a plethora of plugins that advertises itself to be the best Live Chat plugin for your WordPress websites.
But there is no need to get stuck in the paralysis of choice. We have done the research for you and created a diverse shortlist of powerful and feature-rich Live Chat plugins for your WordPress website.
You are bound to find something that is perfect for your personal needs.
So without further ado, let’s get on with our list of 16 Best Live Chat WordPress plugins:
ZenDesk Chat used to be known as Zopim and is among the most popular live chat solutions for WordPress users. The plugin is free to use and you can get it directly from the WordPress repository. However, it also has a premium version which packs in a lot more advanced options which are worth taking a look at.
- Plenty of customization options for the chat widget.
- Dedicated mobile app to help you chat with customers while you are on the move.
- The Dashboard comes with plenty of metrics to give you better insight into customer activity.
- Get Access to complete chat history.
- Setup chat triggers to automatically launch chat box.
Olark is another popular WordPress live chat plugin curated to help online business owners. The plugin is super easy to use. All you have to do is install and active the plugin and it will set up the entire system into your site. It also provides support with other popular business services like Zendesk, SalesForce, Highrise, and so on.
- Dedicated mobile app.
- Rich set of customization options.
- Option to set up automated messaging.
- Comprehensive team management options.
- Real-time reporting to evaluate your team’s performance.
Live Chat Unlimited
Live Chat Unlimited is a premium live chat solution for WordPress. It is super lightweight and works in iFrame which really helps with the performance.
However, this allows carries along with it some limitations. For example, only 100 users can be active at the same time which includes 10 operators and 90 visitors. Judging by these figures, the plugin is mostly suited for small businesses.
- Powerful and easy to chat consoles with a lot of cool options.
- More than one operator can reply to questions from a single user.
- Enable Offline form when you support team is not available.
- The plugin is GDPR compliant and provides SSL support.
Awesome Live Chat
Awesome Live Chat allows you to really play around with colors and create an “awesome” looking chat box for your website. It comes packed with fancy themes with extensive color customization options to help create a chat experience your customers will love.
- Responsive chat widget that works perfectly on mobile devices.
- The plugin can support potentially infinite operators and unlimited customers.
- Gain insight to visitor activity along with where they are from, country, IP address, and more.
- Set up an offline message form.
- Get a full chat transcript.
FluentChat WordPress Live Chat plugin will come in extremely handy if you are addressing an international customer base. The plugin is translation enabled which enables you to clear customer queries without coming into the language barrier.
The chat box also follows a very basic design. This helps it to easily blend into your site, despite whatever design style it follows.
- Set up operator profiles with online hours.
- Ability to carry on with multiple active conversations.
- SMS notification support.
- Chat archives.
- Canned Messages.
PHP Live Chat Pro
Next up is the feature-rich PHP Live Chat Pro WordPress plugin. The chat box is fully translation supported which means you can address a global audience.
On top of that, there is a dedicated mobile app to help you stay in touch with your customers directly from your mobile. Other than this, it packs in plenty of excellent options which can boost your conversion rates extensively.
- Rich customization options for the chat box.
- View customer location – where they live.
- Share files with your customers directly from the chat interface.
- Support for Media URLs to pop up during the chat.
- Chatbox supports a full-screen mode, avatars, emoticons, and much more.
Tawk.To Live Chat
Tawk.To Live Chat is another one best most popular and free-to-use WordPress live chat plugin in the market. The plugin allows you to monitor visitor activity on your websites apart from letting you chat with them and provide real-time support.
- Super simple to use with a beginner friendly UI.
- Option to invite members to function as a dedicated support team.
- Nice and clean dashboard for chatting.
- Monitor your support teams with insight into chat history and dedicated analytics to judge their performance.
- Customization options to tweak the chat widget to fit your site’s aesthetics.
WP Live Chat Support
WP Live Chat Support is a freemium Live Chat plugin for WordPress users. This means it comes both in a paid version as well as a free version.
With the free version alone, you will get all the basic functionalities to implement a complete live chat system on your site.
However, if you crave some advanced functionalities, then you will have to go with the Pro version.
Since the paid version of the plugin is inclusive of all the features that you will get with the free version, here is an overview of all the features available with WP Live Chat Support.
- 6 predefined live chat themes along with plenty of customization options.
- Add your company’s logo to the chat box.
- Option to ban particular IP address from chatting.
- Set different triggers for the chat box to open up.
- Google Analytics integration along with ROI tracking.
Tidio Live Chat
Tidio Live Chat is a completely free live chat solution for WordPress users. It allows you to easily communicate with your customers, get an insight on user activity while they are on your website, and much more.
One more key selling point of the plugin would be its seamless integration with all the popular platforms like Zendesk, GetResponse, SalesForce, MailChimp, and many more.
- Available in two awesome design layouts.
- Complete customizable color schemes to fit your site’s design.
- Option to contact visitors through their email if they leave the chat.
- Track visitor activity.
- Add offline message form so that your visitors can leave a query if you are offline.
- Supports 183 different languages.
Live Chat with Facebook Messenger
Live Chat with Facebook Messenger lives up to its name. It is an excellent plugin if you wish to incorporate Facebook Messenger into your website.
It comes from the team of developers over at Zotabox who are known to create powerful tools for internet entrepreneurs to boost their sales and conversions.
- Free to use.
- Integrates Facebook Messenger into your WordPress website.
- Complete chat history available to user and customer from Facebook Messenger.
- All features of Facebook Messenger extend to the plugin.
- Facebook login is necessary.
JivoChat Live Chat
JivoChat Live Chat WordPress plugin is designed to help you chat with your visitors in real time, either through your websites or different social media handles. Currently, it has support for Facebook, Viber, and Telegram.
Apart from helping you communicate with your online visitors, it also comes packed with plenty of functionalities curated especially for online businesses. With the plugin onboard, you will see a noticeable increase in your sales and conversion rates.
- Track visitors in real time.
- Option to initiate chat upon certain triggers.
- Automatic translator in-built.
- Fast replies with Quick phrases and canned responses.
- Option to highlight specific sections on your websites to help guide your users.
- See what the visitor is typing in real time before he/she hits send.
The appropriate named LiveChat plugin helps you integrate live chat functionalities to your WordPress website. It is a free plugin but comes with a comprehensive set of tools which can help you provide better customer service to your website visitors.
The plugin even comes with an accompanying mobile application. You can use to keep in touch with your customers even if you are on the go.
- Customize the chat box to fit the design of your website.
- Track visitors on your website.
- Set of chat triggers for the chat box to automatically popup under certain conditions.
- Add survey option to live chat window to gather customer feedback.
- Add ticket forms.
- Gain detailed analytics and report on the efficiency of the plugin.
Pure Chat is another freemium live chat plugin for WordPress. However, the free version is more the sufficient to handle all the live chat necessities of a small budding business.
For free, you get support for unlimited chats and up to three users. If you upgrade to the pro version, you get support for unlimited users, along with many more advanced functions.
- Chat widget customization options to help it blend with your site’s design.
- Access to entire transcript history.
- Set up proactive triggers.
- Add email forms for when you are offline.
- Visitor tracking as well as contact tracking options.
This one is a mouthful, but the name does efficiently define the utility of the plugin. Once installed, it will integrate Facebook Messenger into your WordPress website and allow you to chat with your customers using the popular messaging service.
Now, get the basic Facebook Messenger integration for free, but if you want access to the advanced chatbot, then you will have to get your hands on the premium version of the plugin.
- Helps add Messenger Customer chat as a web application.
- Option to change Messenger theme color.
- If users log in using Facebook, you can provide them with a greetings message.
- WooCommerce integration.
- Whitelisted domains.
Live Chat by Formilla
The Live Chat WordPress plugin from Formilla is available in both a free as well as a paid version. With the free version you get the basic live chat options, but if you go premium, you will be greeted with a boatload of awesome functionalities.
Here is a comprehensive overlook at everything the plugin has to offer.
- Responsive chat widget that is mobile-friendly and works on small screens.
- Extensive customization options for the chat widget.
- Dedicated mobile apps for Android and iOS to help you chat with your customers on the go.
- Real-time visitor monitoring
- Set up custom display messages along with canned replies.
- Great tools to help your support team offer better service.
Reve Chat is essentially a multi-channel live chat solution which is cloud-based. It can help you provide excellent customer support and service to your online customers using various channels including voice/video chat, Facebook Messenger, Viber, and much more.
It is fitted with a lot of unique and advanced options which opens up new doors to providing excellent customer support.
- Provide real-time assistance with co-browsing and screen sharing functionalities.
- Real-time visitor analytics.
- Queuing options if you have too many support requests.
- Automatic triggers for initiating chats.
Not just a live chat system but a complete sales management that you can use free of cost. If you are managing an online store using WordPress, this plugin can be very effective for you.
The Zoho plugin comes with its own intelligence system to gather the data of your visitors and trigger them auto support chat to keep them engaged.
- The auto live chat system
- Complete visitors data
- Visitors geolocation data
- The referral path of the visitor
So these were our picks for the top Live Chat plugins for WordPress. We hope you found the read to be helpful, and if you did, don’t forget to share it along with your friends who might benefit from this information.
Also, if you have used any of the plugins mentioned in the list, then don’t forget to share your personal experience in the comments. Your knowledge will help your fellow readers with their own purchase.