ThirstyAffiliates plugin review, one of the highly recommended plugins for the affiliate marketers as it offers you some amazing features and that will bring a 360-degree cover for your affiliate site.
If you are an affiliate marketer and looking for the best solution or tool to better manage your business? Well then, theThirstyAffilatecould be the answer.
In thisThirstyAffilate review, we will try to look at all the top features and options offered by this amazing plugin.
But, First Let’s Understand What is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate Marketing is one of the best and proven ways for bloggers to make money from their blogs. In fact, some people have based their entire livelihood around affiliate marketing.
If you are an affiliate marketer of a certain product or service, then your goal is to get people to buy that product or service, and in exchange, you will earn a little commission off every successful sale.
To help you promote these services or products, you will need to have a website, or blog. Most people use WordPress to handle this department.
Next, you will have to sign up with a particular affiliate program like the ones offered by Amazon, and many more marketplaces. These sellers will give you a link which you can use with your content.
Now, when one your blog readers/visitors, come to your site and clicks on that link they will be taken to that purchase page of that particular product or service. And if they make a purchase, you will earn a commission.
So Why Do I Need an Affiliate Marketing Plugin?
As we stated, for some people the whole profits around an affiliate marketing business. If you want to go to that extent, then you will have to tie with multiple affiliate marketing programs.
Furthermore, everything should be kept as organized as possible. This might seem easy, but it is not, especially when we are dealing with long ugly looking strings of URLs.
This is where an affiliate marketing plugin like ThirstAffiliates for WordPress can come into play. It comes loaded with a ton of features and functionalities that can help handle all your affiliate links, and optimize your income.
Starting from better organizing your affiliate links, to even cloaking/shortening them so that they don’t look spammy or untrustworthy to your users.
So with that being said, here is a comprehensive look at all the different features and functionalities that ThirstyAffiliates brings to the table.
Creating Customizable Links With ThirstyAffiliates
Once installed, the plugin allows you to customize all your links. There is also the option to customize the links on a global basis or a per-link basis.
After activating the plugin, you will notice a new “Affiliate Links” section in your WordPress dashboard. Click on it and head on over to “Settings.”
First, let’s have a look at the main settings panel of the plugin. It offers you a number of different options to make things easier.
To start with, you have the option to select the link type, you can go for the link URL or shortcode type.
This is an important setting to make your site safe. The search engine like Google doesn’t like pages with a number of affiliate links. So, it is important to block the search bots for the affiliate links.
ThirstyAffiliates plugin offers you a built-in option to block the important bots, and have the option to add new bots manually as per your requirement.
Affiliate Link Settings
In the settings page, you have the option to set up the affiliate links as per your preference. You have a number of options that you can fine-tune in this page.
Go toThirstyAffiliates settings >> link appearance
From here you can select the link premix and create your own redirection URLs. You have a number of options to choose from, let’s select recommends and proceed.
Select the redirection type, 301 redirections is selected for the permanent redirection. So, you can select 301 and proceed.
Another important setting is the option to set the page open in a new window so that your users don’t leave your site. You can the option to set it to yes or no.
Besides this, you will also be greeted with plenty of other options to help you customize your links. This includes options like:
- Displaying the link category in the URL.
- The redirect code. Option to choose between 301 redirect or 302 redirect.
- Option to tag links with no-follow or do-follow.
- Option to fix links such that they open in a new tab.
And much more.
To add your first affiliate link, go toAffiliate Links >> Add New.
Now to add your first affiliate link, all you have to do is go to “Affiliate Links” and click on “Add New.” For better organization, you can name your link, paste the corresponding affiliate URL, and even attach an image to the link.
This can act as a call-to-action, product image, or logo.
Now, if you wish to try out ThirstyAffiliates then the plugin is available for free. However, there is also a paid version to the plugin comes with advanced options.
Now, if you are confused as to which version is suited to your needs, here is a rundown of all the features that you get with the free version as well as the paid version.
ThirstyAffiliate Free Version
The free version of ThirstyAffiliates is available to all users. You can fetch it directly from the WordPress plugin repository.
Here are some of the features that you get with the free plugin.
- Option to shorten affiliate links and cloak them using your own domain name.
- You can categorize all your affiliate links for better organization.
- Once a user clicks on an affiliate link, you have the option to choose how they are redirected to the product page. You can either pick Enhanced JS Redirect or Server-side redirects.
- After installing the plugin, the WordPress Post editor will include a TA button. You can use it to easily incorporate affiliate links into your content.
- There are advanced link insertion options. You can use shortcodes or image prewrapped in the affiliate links.
- Not all affiliate programs like it when marketer cloaks their affiliate URLs. In that case, you have a smart uncloak option so that your links are compatible with those programs.
- Option to add extra HTML code which will force each affiliate link to open in a new tab.
- Use of Custom Post types so that there are no compatibility issues with URLs.
- Basic statistics to show you how many clicks you have had on your affiliate links.
- Option to exclude search engine bots or other web spider bots from interfering with your stats.
- Compatible with WP REST API for better managing your links.
- Built-in WPML and Polylang translation plugin.
- A birds-eye view of all pages and posts where the affiliate links are inserted.
ThirstyAffiliate Pro Version
Here you get all the free features coupled with plenty more advanced functionalities. This includes stuff like:
- Option to automatically link affiliate links to a given keyword. This can save you a lot of time from having to do it manually.
- Advanced statistics report with detailed insight, link performance, and much more.
- Geolocation Link Redirects to help redirect users from different parts of the globe to their corresponding online marketplace.
- Integration with Amazon’s product advertising API to help you easily import links.
- Option to import/export your affiliate links in a CSV file. An excellent tool to help manage links across multiple sites.
- Option to schedule affiliate link activation and de-activation.
- Ability to push a click event through to Google Analytics for better insight.
- Affiliate links are loaded into high-speed HTAccess for faster redirects.
- You can even set up a custom event notification when a link clicking milestone is achieved.
- Automatic link health checker to see if any affiliate links lead to a 404 error.
And much more…
Now, if you are interested to go premium and get the paid version of ThirstyAffiliates, then you will be greeted with 3 pricing plans.
All of them grants you the same features, the only difference is with the number of licenses you get to use it on multiple sites.
The base plan comes with a reasonable $49 price tag and gives you a license for 1 site. Next comes the $79 plan where you get permission to use the plugin on 5 sites.
And finally, there is the $149 plan with which you get permission to use the plugin on unlimited websites.
All of these plans come with a 14-day money back guarantee. On top of that, you get 12-month priority email support along with 12-months of plugin updates.
In case if you are not happy with all the features that you are getting with the premium version of the plugin, you will have the option to add extra add-ons to include even more advanced options.
Now, it is worth noting that all these add-ons are sold separately and comes with a price tag. However, since these are add-ons, you can just select the ones which you think will be necessary for achieving success in your affiliate marketing efforts.
With that being said, here is a look at all the different type of add-ons available with the ThirstyAffiliates:
- Autolinker Add-on:
- Stats Add-on:
- AZON Add-on:
- ThirstyAffiliates CSV Importer Add-on:
- ThirstyAffiliates Split Testing:
- ThirstyAffiliates Geolocations Add-on:
- ThirstyAffiliates Google Click Tracking Add-on:
- ThirstyAffiliates Scheduled Links Add-on:
Support and Documentation
Now in case you run into some trouble with operating the plugin, don’t be afraid. You will get access to a large knowledge base on their site which comes with a lot of tutorials to help you learn how to use the plugin effectively.
Also, if you run into some bugs or similar issues, their highly active team of developers will surely come out with a patch or bug fix as soon as possible.
If you just head on over to the WordPress.org directory, you will see that the plugin has been rated highly and is known to resolve issues very quickly.
On top of that, if you are being troubled by some other issues altogether, then you will also get access to their dedicated support team.
You are bound to receive a response to all your queries within a span of 24-48 hours.